Thursday, June 19, 2008

RFMAA is gaining attention

We've managed to do it again! Rustling a couple more feathers that is.

Channel 12s Rachel DePampa was on the 17th Street Farmers Market today speaking with vendors and patrons to gain knowledge of the Richmond Farmers Market Advancement Association. I was also interviewed regarding the situation the market is in. The interview was used as an opportunity to gain media attention and call on residents of the city to assist in securing the future of the farmers market.

Shortly after the interview ended with Channel 12, I received a call from Style Weeklys Scott Bass. Scott is working on a story which will hit the press in a week. Though I am unsure to the exact reason for the press, I am sure it will raise more questions and shed a light on the issues we face in the area.

I am looking forward to these two releases as I am sure it will cause more interest to build for the Shockoe Bottom community.

Tune in to WWBT 12 Friday at 5 and 6pm for the interview with Rachel DePampa and look for the issue of Style Weekly in the coming weeks!

No comments: